If you need assistance installing your child’s safety seat, the Richmond Department of Fire and Emergency Services wants to help. Personnel at three of our fire stations are specially trained and will be glad to see that your seat is properly installed.
The following are safety tips you should consider:
- There must be one safety belt for each person. Buckling two people, even children, into one belt could injure both.
- People who are not buckled up can be thrown from the car or around inside the car and seriously hurt themselves or others.
- Never hold a child on your lap! You could crush him/her in a crash, or the child may be torn from your arms and incur severe injuries.
- Never ride in the cargo area of a station wagon, van or pickup.
- Child safety seats must be selected based on the size of the child and must be installed correctly.
- Children aged 12 and under should ride properly restrained in the back seat.
For more information on Car Seats Read Here