The Robertson Fire Protection District is hiring a part-time administrative assistant to support the leadership of the district. This is a front facing role to ensure efficient operations of the Robertson Fire Protection District office. This position will come into direct contact with other district personnel and the general public in the course of their day-to-day job functions.
You can apply on indeed.com here, or submit the paperwork below and resume to Angela Louis at email@example.com.
- $15 - $20 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Robertson Fire Protection District
Administrative Assistant will support the Administrative Officers on assigned tasks and duties. This position will come into direct contact with other district personnel and the general public in the course of their day-to-day job functions. This is a front facing role to ensure efficient operations of the Robertson Fire Protection District office. This individual will complete assignments, efficiently, with professionalism, attention to detail and have great communication and discretion when it pertains to the responsibilities assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions are those tasks, duties, and responsibilities that comprise the means of accomplishing the job’s purpose and objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the person in the job is held accountable.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills and the application of independent judgement and sound decision making abilities.
- Familiarity with the functions of the fire department / or emergency medical services is a plus
- General office clerical functions.
- Human Resource related tasks, handbook organization, confidential record keeping.
- Maintain / create spreadsheets and will keep updated all compliance related spreadsheets, inventory spreadsheet updates, certification spreadsheet updates, vehicle maintenance records, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Ability to research, compile and tabulate data and information.
- Organization / filing /creating and maintaining a structure for long term business success.
- Organizing historical records in an electronic format.
- Scanning, faxing, copying, sending internal communication via email.
- Types correspondence, forms, documents, and other materials per department operations.
- Provides back-up coverage for Receptionist tasks: specifically, but not limited to, lobby and phone coverage and will assist a diverse group of customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Professional and service oriented in responding to internal and customer requests.
- Follows instructions and procedures as instructed by supervisor for special projects, while maintaining the daily, weekly, and monthly duties assigned.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in the course of daily duties.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Previous administrative assistant knowledge a plus.
- Human Resources knowledge/background a plus.
- Microsoft Suite intermediate level computer experience, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe.
- Associates Degree or relevant work experience.
- Notary or willing to become a notary within the first 120 days of employment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- The Administrative Assistant is required to remain in a stationary position at a workstation for extended periods of time, with the occasional need to walk to a copier or other offices or other standing assignments during the business day. May need to lift up to 20 lbs.
- The Administrative Assistant will work in a fast-paced office setting with frequent interruptions. There may be occasional variance of noise from quite to loud depending on setting and location with assignment. There are no predetermined hazards.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.